Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

michellem0771
Frequent Visitor

Assistance with query to count clients with revenue over 5m

Please help!

I have a report where I'm comparing current year sales in one table and prior year sales in a different table.

My issue is with the prior year table. The table is simply showing Client, Revenue (sales), % total and Rank. All fields are dynamic based on a TopN slider; this is all working fine in the table.

My revenue calculation is based on same period last year and is:

Revenue SPLY = CALCULATE([Revenue],SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR(Date[Date]))

To include that into my TopN filter, that calculation is:

TopN Revenue SPLY by Client = IF([Client Ranking PY] <= 'TopN[TopN Value], Revenue SPLY])

One issue is that I am trying to count the clients with revenue (sales) where it's greater than 5m.  I have 5 filters and they all work to update that amount except for the Date filter.  

Issues:

1. When all filters are clear, the "client sales > 5m" total is incorrect.  If I choose one of the filters except the date filter, the amount is correct, however, when I clear the filter, it's incorrect again.  This is the filter I am using to calculate that amount:     
    Prior Year Client Count Sales SPLY > $5m =
    COUNTROWS (
        FILTER (
            SUMMARIZE (
                CALCULATETABLE (
                    VALUES ( 'Invoice Activity (CLI)'[Client] ),
                    'DATE KPI'[Rolling 12 Months 2LY]=TRUE()
                ),
                'Invoice Activity (CLI)'[Client],
                "Metric", CALCULATE (
                    [Revenue Rolling 12 Months SPLY],
                    'DATE KPI'[Rolling 12 Months 2LY]=TRUE()
                )
            ),
            [Metric] > 5000000
        )
    )
  2. when I choose a date range, shown below in the screenshot, any dates in this calendar year show that number as (blank); which I suspect is because of the SAMEPERIODLAST year formula.

Additionally:

1. The Clients count (shown on the top left side) is incorrect and the Avg Rev/Client (based on example, this should be $293+k) amount are incorrect as well. 

The Client count should be in the perior year range (same period last year and not change), but I cannot get this to work, I've tried with "RemoveFilters" and that doesn't work.  

michellem0771_0-1701280764967.png

Unfortunately, I cannot attach my .pbix fil because of the proprietary data.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.