Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

michellem0771
Frequent Visitor

Assistance with query to count clients with revenue over 5m

Please help!

I have a report where I'm comparing current year sales in one table and prior year sales in a different table.

My issue is with the prior year table. The table is simply showing Client, Revenue (sales), % total and Rank. All fields are dynamic based on a TopN slider; this is all working fine in the table.

My revenue calculation is based on same period last year and is:

Revenue SPLY = CALCULATE([Revenue],SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR(Date[Date]))

To include that into my TopN filter, that calculation is:

TopN Revenue SPLY by Client = IF([Client Ranking PY] <= 'TopN[TopN Value], Revenue SPLY])

One issue is that I am trying to count the clients with revenue (sales) where it's greater than 5m.  I have 5 filters and they all work to update that amount except for the Date filter.  

Issues:

1. When all filters are clear, the "client sales > 5m" total is incorrect.  If I choose one of the filters except the date filter, the amount is correct, however, when I clear the filter, it's incorrect again.  This is the filter I am using to calculate that amount:     
    Prior Year Client Count Sales SPLY > $5m =
    COUNTROWS (
        FILTER (
            SUMMARIZE (
                CALCULATETABLE (
                    VALUES ( 'Invoice Activity (CLI)'[Client] ),
                    'DATE KPI'[Rolling 12 Months 2LY]=TRUE()
                ),
                'Invoice Activity (CLI)'[Client],
                "Metric", CALCULATE (
                    [Revenue Rolling 12 Months SPLY],
                    'DATE KPI'[Rolling 12 Months 2LY]=TRUE()
                )
            ),
            [Metric] > 5000000
        )
    )
  2. when I choose a date range, shown below in the screenshot, any dates in this calendar year show that number as (blank); which I suspect is because of the SAMEPERIODLAST year formula.

Additionally:

1. The Clients count (shown on the top left side) is incorrect and the Avg Rev/Client (based on example, this should be $293+k) amount are incorrect as well. 

The Client count should be in the perior year range (same period last year and not change), but I cannot get this to work, I've tried with "RemoveFilters" and that doesn't work.  

michellem0771_0-1701280764967.png

Unfortunately, I cannot attach my .pbix fil because of the proprietary data.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.