Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply Formula on Group Level Instead of Individual Level

I have this formula built out:

1.PNG

In a nutshell, this formula is simply looking at a person's [Tier] and [NPS Level] to determine the amount of bonus they receive, if any.

I then have my data in this table:

2.PNG So as you can see, this is calculated individually for each person. A person only recieves a bonus if criteria in the above formula is met.

What I've been asked to do from here is instead of having this apply individually to each person, have it calculate for the entire group as a whole. So since the overall [Last Quarter NPS] is -17.39, this would be considered "Below Goal" for the group as a whole and nobody would receive a bonus.

One thing I've tried to implement is the ALL function from this:

1.PNG

To this:

1.PNG

But this doesn't quite work like I'd want it to since the ALL function will ignore other filters that are set. So at plain view I get this which appears correct:

1.PNG

But I have a page filter that allows the user to toggle back and forth between active and non active employees and when I switch to "active" only, I get these results:

1.PNG

So even though the status for the entire group becomes "Below Goal", people are still being rewarded a bonus when they shouldn't be. How can I fix this? It looks like what is happening is the ALL function no matter what is looking at the overal [Last Quarter NPS] group score of 4.81 which would be considered "NPS Bronze", so people are still getting rewarded that amount based on their [Tier] and [NPS Level].

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

To achieve

“So since the overall [Last Quarter NPS] is -17.39, this would be considered "Below Goal" for the group as a whole and nobody would receive a bonus”

You could use the following measure.

IF(SUMX(ALL(‘ALL Survey Data’), [Last Quarter NPS])<0,BLANK(),[NPS Bonus])

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.