Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

some1else
Helper II
Helper II

Analize historical data when ID changes

I have a workorder table where the location of each WO has an ID. Some years ago, the ID's were updated to a new convention, but the old ones were kept in their original form.

I've set up the slicers to get the information from the location table based on the new convention, but also want them to get the older IDs.

What would be the best approach to this? Convert the older ID's inside WO table to the new convention?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Keith-Sayer
Resolver I
Resolver I

Not sure what the issue is without seeing a closer idea of what the data is. Wouldn't it just compile all your data regardless of what convention was used in the ID field? Or are you going to need to filter by something in the ID? If so, then, yes, you'll need to convert the old to new so they are consistent for filtering.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Keith-Sayer
Resolver I
Resolver I

Not sure what the issue is without seeing a closer idea of what the data is. Wouldn't it just compile all your data regardless of what convention was used in the ID field? Or are you going to need to filter by something in the ID? If so, then, yes, you'll need to convert the old to new so they are consistent for filtering.

I now realized I did not express myself clearly, but yes, I need to filter something by the ID. I thought about that convertion (basically a new column where if ID = old, then grab the equivalent to the new one), but I was hoping for a solution using some sort of a related table.

Thanks for the help. If there's no further replies I will mark yours as the solution 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.