Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Don-Bot
Helper II
Helper II

An RLS expression filters this aggregation table but not the detail table which is not allowed

I am currently receiving this error message when I try to setup my aggregation table with RLS.  The infuriating part is I am getting this error when I try to setup the exact same RLS that is on the detail table on my aggregation table.  When I click the check mark I get this message and it doesn't work.  Is this some sort of bug?

My Fact table has this RLS:

[Company]=int(UserPrincipalName())

When I try to paste that into the aggregation table I get the below message.  Both tables have the same company field to make this possible.  

DonBot_0-1713273238614.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@Don-Bot,

Have you tried creating the RLS expression in the dimension table? For example, if your model has the table DimCompany and a relationship to each fact table, then you would create the RLS expression in DimCompany.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@Don-Bot,

Have you tried creating the RLS expression in the dimension table? For example, if your model has the table DimCompany and a relationship to each fact table, then you would create the RLS expression in DimCompany.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

I feel like an idiot for not trying that.  Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.