Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Add together two count visuals

Good Morning,

I have two card visuals both with filters on counting rows of data - is there a simple way to be able to sum these two visuals together on a new visual? 

Would I need to use a measure for this? 

I want to take visual A (count) + visual B (count) to create visual C (count) if it's easy and possible, suspect I'm missing something obvious! Basically adding two numbers together really, 

Hope you can help! 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
zenisekd
Super User
Super User

Hi, write a simple dax measure = Count( column A ) + Count ( column B ). You are counting (referencing) columns in tables, not visuals. 🙂

zenisekd_0-1704874697797.png

Kudos and mark as solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

v-weiyan1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pigsinblankets ,

Based on your description,
You might consider the following code to create a Measure.
My Sample:

vweiyan1msft_0-1705037674951.png

Sum of Count1 = [CountA] + [CountB]

OR

Sum of Count2 = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Category]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Category] = "A")) 
                + 
                CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Category]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Category] = "B"))

Result is as below.

vweiyan1msft_1-1705037884049.png

Is this the result you expect?
For further details,please find attachment.
If I've misunderstood you, please provide detailed sample data and the results you are hoping for. We can better understand the problem and help you. Show it as a screenshot or excel. Please remove any sensitive data in advance.

Best Regards,
Yulia Yan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-weiyan1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pigsinblankets ,

Based on your description,
You might consider the following code to create a Measure.
My Sample:

vweiyan1msft_0-1705037674951.png

Sum of Count1 = [CountA] + [CountB]

OR

Sum of Count2 = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Category]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Category] = "A")) 
                + 
                CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Category]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Category] = "B"))

Result is as below.

vweiyan1msft_1-1705037884049.png

Is this the result you expect?
For further details,please find attachment.
If I've misunderstood you, please provide detailed sample data and the results you are hoping for. We can better understand the problem and help you. Show it as a screenshot or excel. Please remove any sensitive data in advance.

Best Regards,
Yulia Yan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you I have followed this advice and resolved this problem 🙂 @v-weiyan1-msft @zenisekd 

zenisekd
Super User
Super User

Hi, write a simple dax measure = Count( column A ) + Count ( column B ). You are counting (referencing) columns in tables, not visuals. 🙂

zenisekd_0-1704874697797.png

Kudos and mark as solution appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.