Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Accessing Outlook Online Archive

Hello!

We have an online archive of all our emails which has stored our archived emails into a seperate folder and into the same folders.

I would like to access this section so that we can use that as our dataset instead of a spreadsheet we manually update at the beginning of everyday using Search Folders.

The issue I have is when I connect to Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft Exchange Online in Power BI it does not include the sub-folders within the column In Folder.

For example, any emails in the Live Outlook mailbox, I can see in PBI it shows it in the Inbox folder and what sub-folder ie. "\Inbox\Test". However, once the email is archived, it appears as "\Archive\".

So although all the emails are technically there, I cannot see what subfolder it was put into even though I can see that within Outlook. That is quite important as the sub-folder is used to determine what process the email related to.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Your demand is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently. You can post your new idea in Idea Forum , add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ellizsillva

Could you send me the link to the solution to the problem or tell me how you solved it?

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Your demand is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently. You can post your new idea in Idea Forum , add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xicai  thanks for getting back to me. I did have a look on the Ideas section after I posted this, probably should have done it before posting this - sorry! I found several people mentioning the same idea so I have added support to those posts. 🙂

Thanks

Bradley

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.