Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Spudduk
Helper I
Helper I

2 Different Visuals on the Same Report but differing time frames on the X - Axis.

I have a report where the top left  visual is based on a filter called Periods -1, so it always selects our last period by site. CTP 1.png

The bottom line chart is based on the filter where this is in current fiscal year = True..  So I get the full YTD.

When I click on the top left to select a site the bottom visual then only shows the filter "periods from today -1 "

CTP2.png

When editing interactions I only have Filter or No Filter Option...

Is what I am trying possible or do have to use a slicer, I have been trying to keep the reports clean rather than having to change stuff on a slicer...

Cheers#

Andy

4 REPLIES 4
Spudduk
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks , but I have used the edit interactions and it is that I cannot get working, every time I click on the site bar in the top left , it acting as if it also sending across the "Periods from Today = -1" filter to the bottom filter. When all I want is the "SITE" filter and leave the date range as Year To Date...   Attached are the visual filters for the tope left and bottom visual....

CTP3.pngCTP4.png

Hi @Kaviraj11 , @farmdev ,thank you for your quick replies, I'll add more.

Hi @Spudduk ,

Regarding your question, create measures to populate the visual objects at your bottom.

The Table data is shown below:

vzhouwenmsft_0-1714721190310.png

1.Suppose the only filter I need to pass is the field 'Type'

vzhouwenmsft_1-1714721239199.png

2.Creating DAX Expressions with ALL Functions(Removed the filtering effect of the field 'Date')

ALL function (DAX) - DAX | Microsoft Learn

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Amount]),ALL('Table'[Date]))

3.Final output

vzhouwenmsft_2-1714721457506.png

vzhouwenmsft_3-1714721481435.png

farmdev
Regular Visitor

Quick suggestion:

When editing interactions, do you have the bar graph selected before changing the other interaction?

When I first started using the interaction editor sometimes the wrong visual was highlighted.

Kaviraj11
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi, are you trying to keep the line chart as it is even user interact with other visuals? If Yes, then using 'Edit Interaction', you can disable th interation to the other visuals.

Let me know if it's not clear

Change how visuals interact in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.