Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

PPDiaz1978
Resolver I
Resolver I

Using relationship from a virtual table to a Dimension Table

Hi, I have a virtual table agregada con User y User_Type ... and I have a dimension table about User_Type

Usuario      Tipo de usuario

Usuario1         Tipo1

Usuario2         Tipo1

Usuario3         Tipo3

I cant do a normal relationship between User Table and User_Type Dimension Table because the user_Type can change depending from date filter.

I have buid the follow code:

Recu =

VAR MinDate = SELECTEDVALUE(Calendario[Fecha], MIN(Calendario[Fecha]))
VAR MaxDate = SELECTEDVALUE(Calendario[Fecha], MAX(Calendario[Fecha]))
VAR T1 =  
            GROUPBY(
                ADDCOLUMNS(
                SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(Sesiones[user_Id], Sesiones[session_Id], Sesiones[Timestamp], Sesiones     [FechaUsuario], "F1", MaxDate, "Dias", int(MaxDate- MIN(Sesiones[FechaUsuario]))),
                    "Tipo", IF([Dias]<31,"First_Time", IF(AND([Dias]>=31,[Dias]<61), "Previous_Period","Old_Users"))),Sesiones[user_Id], [Tipo], Sesiones[FechaUsuario], [F1])

RETURN
    CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Sesiones[user_Id]), FILTER(T1, Sesiones[FechaUsuario]<=[F1]),
                'Sesiones'[Timestamp]>= MinDate && 'Sesiones'[Timestamp]<= MaxDate
)

T1 does work well, It adds well the virtual table.
The calculate, does work well too, because it calculates well the number of users.
My problem is when I want to show this kind of chart:
PPDiaz1978_0-1712941426493.png

I have 4 users in my case ... Like I cant do a relationship between user table and user_type dimension table because user_table is T1 that is a virtual table ... The chart told me that exist 4 users for each user_type.

This will resolve with a relationship but I have proved a lot of thinks (Treatas, ... ) but it doesnt work anything

Some idea ???

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I got it

I dont need a relationship. I need 3 measures, one measure for each type_status.

Each measure like this:

Recu_First =

VAR T1 =  CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(
            FILTER(
                    ADDCOLUMNS(
                        SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(Sesiones[user_Id], Sesiones [FechaUsuario], "F1", MaxDate, "Dias", int(MaxDate- MIN(Sesiones[FechaUsuario]))),
                            "Tipo", IF([Dias]<31,"First_Time", IF(AND([Dias]>=31,[Dias]<61), "Previous_Period","Old_Users"))), [Tipo]="First_Time"))
                                , MaxDate>Sesiones[FechaUsuario])

RETURN
    T1

Recu_Old =

FILTER(
                    ADDCOLUMNS(
                        SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(Sesiones[user_Id], Sesiones [FechaUsuario], "F1", MaxDate, "Dias", int(MaxDate- MIN(Sesiones[FechaUsuario]))),
                            "Tipo", IF([Dias]<31,"First_Time", IF(AND([Dias]>=31,[Dias]<61), "Previous_Period","Old_Users"))), [Tipo]="Old_User"))

RETURN
    T1

Recu_Previous=

FILTER(
                    ADDCOLUMNS(
                            "Tipo", IF([Dias]<31,"First_Time", IF(AND([Dias]>=31,[Dias]<61), "Previous_Period","Old_Users"))), [Tipo]="Previous_Period"))

RETURN
    T1

And I put on the chart the 3 measures    🙂

Great ¡¡¡ It works ¡¡¡¡

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

I add the data

PPDiaz1978_0-1713163280470.png

PPDiaz1978_1-1713163470674.png

I cant do a direct relationship between two tables because type user in User_type table is dinamic and depend on the filter data

I got it

I dont need a relationship. I need 3 measures, one measure for each type_status.

Each measure like this:

Recu_First =

FILTER(
                    ADDCOLUMNS(
                            "Tipo", IF([Dias]<31,"First_Time", IF(AND([Dias]>=31,[Dias]<61), "Previous_Period","Old_Users"))), [Tipo]="First_Time"))

RETURN
    T1

Recu_Old =

FILTER(
                    ADDCOLUMNS(
                            "Tipo", IF([Dias]<31,"First_Time", IF(AND([Dias]>=31,[Dias]<61), "Previous_Period","Old_Users"))), [Tipo]="Old_User"))

RETURN
    T1

Recu_Previous=

FILTER(
                    ADDCOLUMNS(
                            "Tipo", IF([Dias]<31,"First_Time", IF(AND([Dias]>=31,[Dias]<61), "Previous_Period","Old_Users"))), [Tipo]="Previous_Period"))

RETURN
    T1

And I put on the chart the 3 measures    🙂

Great ¡¡¡ It works ¡¡¡¡

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors