Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Elie_HUCHET
Helper II
Helper II

Table total formula problem

Hello,

I have a problem regarding my formula in an array. When I am on my Chartre de Bretagnes site, my calculation works perfectly. Unfortunately, when I change the Vannes example site, it seems that the formula does not agree with the total.

La formule est la suivante:

Bennes manquantes 2 = if([stock dispo2]-SUM('Table (2)'[Stock pour dev Co])>=0,0,[stock dispo2]-SUM('Table (2)'[Stock pour dev Co]))

Thank you for your help

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Elie_HUCHET , You have use visual column to rebuild total

Bennes manquantes 2 = Sumx(values(Table (2)[Column]) , if([stock dispo2]-SUM('Table (2)'[Stock pour dev Co])>=0,0,[stock dispo2]-SUM('Table (2)'[Stock pour dev Co])) )

or refer this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufHOOLdi_jk

View solution in original post

Hi @Elie_HUCHET ,

IF function will return values based on true or false, so you won't get total as you want. amitchandak 's reply should be a workaround, you need to use keycolumn in your visual to calculate the sum based on [Bennes manquantes 2] measure instead of the measure code.

Measure with correct subtotal = SUMX(VALUES('TableName'[Keycolumn]),[Bennes manquantes 2])

The calculation is based on your data model.  If this reply still couldn'y help you solve your problem, please share a sample file with me and show me a screenshot with the result you want.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Elie_HUCHET
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you for your reply I found a solution!! 🙂 

Elie_HUCHET
Helper II
Helper II

Hello, thank you for your answer but it doesn't work. Have you got on other idea?

Hi @Elie_HUCHET ,

IF function will return values based on true or false, so you won't get total as you want. amitchandak 's reply should be a workaround, you need to use keycolumn in your visual to calculate the sum based on [Bennes manquantes 2] measure instead of the measure code.

Measure with correct subtotal = SUMX(VALUES('TableName'[Keycolumn]),[Bennes manquantes 2])

The calculation is based on your data model.  If this reply still couldn'y help you solve your problem, please share a sample file with me and show me a screenshot with the result you want.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Elie_HUCHET , You have use visual column to rebuild total

Bennes manquantes 2 = Sumx(values(Table (2)[Column]) , if([stock dispo2]-SUM('Table (2)'[Stock pour dev Co])>=0,0,[stock dispo2]-SUM('Table (2)'[Stock pour dev Co])) )

or refer this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufHOOLdi_jk

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Top Kudoed Authors