Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

abde139
Frequent Visitor

Slicer with results from two different tables

Hello,

I am new to Power Bi, I am sorry if my question is too obvious.

I have the following problem: I have two tables, table1 and table2, and where each table has a unique "domain name" and "property name". Table 1 has all the existing records, as for table 2 it is generated daily with some missing records and I have to point out those missing records.

What I want to achieve, is whenever I select a domain name, I want a slicer that groups all properties while colouring missing properties. I was able to show the slicer of each table, but I could not group them in one.

I tried this dax but it does not seem to work (based on the results 1 or 0, I will create a rule to automatically colorate the cells in the slicer) :

MyMeasure =
VAR T2 = VALUES( table2[property] )
return
IF (SELECTEDVALUE('table1'[property])=T2 ,1,0)

Example:

Table1

domainpropertynum
Aaa10
Abb12
Acc20
Bee50
B

ff

Table2

domainpropertynum
Aaa10
Abb12
B

ff

Results:
when selecting for example domaine A, I should get a new slicer as (property cc is missing in table 2):

aabbcc

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @abde139 
I'm interested to know how are you planning to color individual values of a slicer. However, I can do that for a table visual for example. Please refer to attached sample file.

3.png

Format Measure = 
INT (
    ISEMPTY ( 
        INTERSECT ( 
            VALUES ( Table1[property] ),
            VALUES ( Table2[property] )
        )
    )
)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @abde139 
I'm interested to know how are you planning to color individual values of a slicer. However, I can do that for a table visual for example. Please refer to attached sample file.

3.png

Format Measure = 
INT (
    ISEMPTY ( 
        INTERSECT ( 
            VALUES ( Table1[property] ),
            VALUES ( Table2[property] )
        )
    )
)

Thank you for the brilliant answer ! as for coloring individual values of a slicer, I was planing to apply the same rule you did on the table's cell ( as shown in the image ). However, It does not work. I suppose from your answer that it is not possible ?

Capture2369.PNG

@abde139 
This applies to whole background of the slicer. I'm not a visual superhero but as far as I know that until this moment, formatting individual slicer values either, text, boarder or background is not yet possible.

johnt75
Super User
Super User

Create a new table with just the domains in, like

Domains =
DISTINCT (
    UNION ( DISTINCT ( 'Table1'[domain] ), DISTINCT ( 'Table2'[domain] ) )
)

and link this table in one-to-many relationships to both table 1 and table 2. You can use the column from the domain table in your slicers and visuals.

You can then tweak your measure to

MyMeasure =
VAR T2 =
    VALUES ( table2[property] )
RETURN
    IF ( SELECTEDVALUE ( 'table1'[property] ) IN T2, 1, 0 )

Thank you for your kind reply.
I followed every step, but I still can not distinguish by color the missing properties from table. (I used the background color on the final slicer as shown in the image)

Capture2369.PNG

It wouldn't work on the title as there is no selected property. You would need to do something on a row where there is only 1 property.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors