Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

AdrianSko

Merge two filters to apply across report using measure

Hi, honestly Im coming here as a desperate DAX noob and I hope somebody can help me 🙂

I have a live connection (so Im not able to edit/add columns) in my report with many pages. I got a request to exclude a specific type of products from one group, from the entire report. Let's say, I have group of products X, Y, Z, next I have a layer for each group with the types of products A B C. What I want to achieve is to exclude type A from group X only.

I know that I cannot apply filters with an IF statement also I can't apply measure as a filter as long as it's not a calculated measure (but that would require writing new measures for each value I have in charts). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

What could be the best efficient way to apply that exclusion? I don't want to apply it on each chart separately and write measures for each value.  Many thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ValtteriN
Super User
Super User

Hi,

You can use filter measure combined with a calculation group to achieve this. E.g.

Table:

ValtteriN_0-1667813988596.png

Filter Measure for Q2 and Q3 = if(MAX('Table (9)'[Quarter]) in {"Q2","Q3"},1,0)

calculation group:

calculate(selectedmeasure(),FILTER('Table (9)',[Filter Measure for Q2 and Q3] = 1))

This approach will filter the target table based on the if logic. So in this case My visual will only show Q2 and Q3 values:

ValtteriN_2-1667813797557.png

Edit, here is a link to an article by SQLBI about calculation groups:

Introducing Calculation Groups - SQLBI

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ValtteriN
Super User
Super User

Hi,

You can use filter measure combined with a calculation group to achieve this. E.g.

Table:

ValtteriN_0-1667813988596.png

Filter Measure for Q2 and Q3 = if(MAX('Table (9)'[Quarter]) in {"Q2","Q3"},1,0)

calculation group:

calculate(selectedmeasure(),FILTER('Table (9)',[Filter Measure for Q2 and Q3] = 1))

This approach will filter the target table based on the if logic. So in this case My visual will only show Q2 and Q3 values:

ValtteriN_2-1667813797557.png

Edit, here is a link to an article by SQLBI about calculation groups:

Introducing Calculation Groups - SQLBI

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.