Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Luca2020
Helper I
Helper I

Management by Objectives (MBO) with Power Bi

Hi, 

I have to calculate the amount of bonuses to be distributed to the managers of the company.

The managers are evaluated by using 3 variables --> EBITDA, ROI and Appraisal. The evaluation can be 0, 1, 2 or 3 which means I have 64 possible combinations of KPI and evaluation (0-0-1 or 1-3-2, ...).

- If two KPI out of three have been evaluated 0 or just the EBITDA is 0, then the bonus is 0 €.

- If two KPI have been evaluated 1 or more, and the third is 0 (but the KPI with 0 cannot be the EBITDA), then the bonus is 1000 €.

- If all three KPI have been evaluated at least 1 or more, then the bonus is 2000 € (ex 1-2-2 or 1-1-1 or 1-3-2).

- if all three KPI have been evaluated at least 2 or more, then the bonus is 3000 €.

- If all three KPI have been evaluated 3, then the bonus is 4000 €.

Currently I've create this measure

Mbo  =
IF([Ebitda Evaluation] = 0, 0,
IF([Ebitda Evaluation] = 3 && [ROI Evaluation] = 3 && [Appraisal Evaluation] = 3, 4,

but it's incomplete since I require a quick rule for the remaining cases.  I'd prefer avoiding writing down all 64 combinations.

Can someone help me with the measure? 
Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That might work:

Mbo =
IF([Ebitda Valutazione] = 0, 0,
IF(AND([Ebitda Valutazione] >= 1, [ROI Valutazione] = 0 && [Appraisal Valutazione] = 0), 0,
IF(AND([Ebitda Valutazione] >= 1, OR([ROI Valutazione] = 0, [Appraisal Valutazione] = 0)), 1,
IF(AND([Ebitda Valutazione] > 1 && [ROI Valutazione] > 1 && [Appraisal Valutazione] > 1, NOT([Ebitda Valutazione] = 3 && [ROI Valutazione] = 3 && [Appraisal Valutazione] = 3)), 3,
IF([Ebitda Valutazione] = 3 && [ROI Valutazione] = 3 && [Appraisal Valutazione] = 3, 4, 2)))))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Luca2020 Use a SWITCH(TRUE()...) like:

Mbo = 
  SWITCH(TRUE(),
    [Ebitda Evaluation] = 0,0,
    [Ebitda Evaluation] + [ROI Evaluation] + [Appraisal Evaluation] = 9, 4,
    [Ebitda Evaluation] + [ROI Evaluation] + [Appraisal Evaluation] >= 6, 3,
    [Ebitda Evaluation] + [ROI Evaluation] + [Appraisal Evaluation] >= 3, 2,
    [Ebitda Evaluation] + [ROI Evaluation] + [Appraisal Evaluation] >= 1, 1
  )

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

The difficult part is to find the general rule because:

[Ebitda Evaluation] + [ROI Evaluation] + [Appraisal Evaluation] >= 6, 3,

But if the evaluations are 0 - 3 - 3, the total sum is 6 but the bonus is 1.000 € and not 3.000 € because they achieved only two out of three KPI. 

If the evaluations are 1 - 3 - 3, the bonus is 2.000 € and not 3.000 € because at least one evaluation is below 2

That might work:

Mbo =
IF([Ebitda Valutazione] = 0, 0,
IF(AND([Ebitda Valutazione] >= 1, [ROI Valutazione] = 0 && [Appraisal Valutazione] = 0), 0,
IF(AND([Ebitda Valutazione] >= 1, OR([ROI Valutazione] = 0, [Appraisal Valutazione] = 0)), 1,
IF(AND([Ebitda Valutazione] > 1 && [ROI Valutazione] > 1 && [Appraisal Valutazione] > 1, NOT([Ebitda Valutazione] = 3 && [ROI Valutazione] = 3 && [Appraisal Valutazione] = 3)), 3,
IF([Ebitda Valutazione] = 3 && [ROI Valutazione] = 3 && [Appraisal Valutazione] = 3, 4, 2)))))

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors