Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kgrafton86
Frequent Visitor

Line feed character UNICHAR(10) shows up as 
 in measure driven data labels

Hi all! I recently updated to the May 2023 desktop update of PBI, and the measure driven data labels feature solves something I've been fighting with for a while now. I'm looking at how many conditions within a specified set each patient in a list has, and I'm using a stacked bar chart as the visualization. I'd like the data labels to show the number of conditions, and then on the next line, the number of patients. I have another measure that I wrote where I used UNICHAR(10) to make a new line and it works correctly (I don't know if it's because the measure was built before I updated, if it's because it's a different type of visual, or some other reason), but when I do the same here it shows as 
 instead. 

Here is the measure, which aside from not giving me a new line is giving the correct results: 

ConditionCTLabel = SELECTEDVALUE(AllPatients[ConditionCT]) & ":" & UNICHAR(10) & COUNT(AllPatients[ConditionCT])

Here are the resulting labels in the visualization: 

kgrafton86_0-1686783053421.png

And here's essentially what I'd like it to look like:

kgrafton86_2-1686783361435.png

Almost everything I've googled has said to turn on word wrap, but there is no option for word wrap that I can find on this visualization. Am I missing something? Doing something wrong? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kgrafton86
Frequent Visitor

1 REPLY 1
kgrafton86
Frequent Visitor

Looks like this is a known error that should be fixed soon 

https://twitter.com/insightsmachine/status/1667826657527480320?s=46&t=c9TBdIfLHaRTfzlzORxQ4A

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.