Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SteelChampzz
Helper II
Helper II

I know this has to be simple!!!1

I'm running into a problem, and I know this is an easy fix but I haven't found the right measure of function yet.

I have a column that has both "casual" and "member" value information in one. I want to be able to either add a column or find a measure that I maybe able to created visual of the two different subscribers. The help would be great, I'm very new to Power BI and I know it's going to be an easy step once I know what it is. I have a picture of how the row is setup.

SteelChampzz_0-1658522521843.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SteelChampzz ,

There are several ways to help you create visuals of the two different subscribers:

1. create two measure to get member and casual separately
Member = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[member_casual]),FILTER('Table',[member_casual]="member"))

Casual = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[member_casual]),FILTER('Table',[member_casual]="casual"))

Then apply it to the visual:

vjianbolimsft_0-1658928663432.png

vjianbolimsft_1-1658928663434.png

Output:

vjianbolimsft_2-1658928663436.png

1. just as @daXtreme  mentioned before, you can use filter:

vjianbolimsft_3-1658928663437.png

vjianbolimsft_4-1658928663438.png

Output:

vjianbolimsft_5-1658928663440.png

If you need to do some related analysis between these two tables, you need to establish a relationship between the two tables, which will make your calculations or the information displayed in the report more accurate. If you're just doing separate analysis on the two tables, then you don't need a relationship.

For more details, please refer to:

Create and manage relationships in Power BI Desktop

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SteelChampzz ,

There are several ways to help you create visuals of the two different subscribers:

1. create two measure to get member and casual separately
Member = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[member_casual]),FILTER('Table',[member_casual]="member"))

Casual = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[member_casual]),FILTER('Table',[member_casual]="casual"))

Then apply it to the visual:

vjianbolimsft_0-1658928663432.png

vjianbolimsft_1-1658928663434.png

Output:

vjianbolimsft_2-1658928663436.png

1. just as @daXtreme  mentioned before, you can use filter:

vjianbolimsft_3-1658928663437.png

vjianbolimsft_4-1658928663438.png

Output:

vjianbolimsft_5-1658928663440.png

If you need to do some related analysis between these two tables, you need to establish a relationship between the two tables, which will make your calculations or the information displayed in the report more accurate. If you're just doing separate analysis on the two tables, then you don't need a relationship.

For more details, please refer to:

Create and manage relationships in Power BI Desktop

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the extra help on this, I will put keep that function in mind for the next time, I ended up doing it the long way by transforming my data and created two tables and filtered them that way.
Once again I appreciate the help.

daXtreme
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Is simple filtering in a slicer (or the filtering pane) not enough? You can also put filtering on a visual independently...

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@SteelChampzz 

Not clear, please give more info

Ritesh

What I've done is made two separate table to filter "Members" from "Casual" Subscribers, trying to find the differences between both tables. 

My next big question is, do I need to create a relationship between the two tables now?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.