Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jacques_412
Frequent Visitor

Filter dates by the most recent July and August

I need to create 3 filters;

1. Filter by the most recent July date range (01 July to 31 July 2022)

2. Filter by the most recent August date range (01 August to 31 August 2022)

2. Filter by the most recent July to August date range (01 July to 31 August 2022)

The issues is that it needs to be the most recent months. So when the refresh date is 01 August 2023, July 2023 becomes the July month that is filtered, and if the refresh date is November 2023, then July 2023 and August 2023 become the dates.

2 REPLIES 2
jacques_412
Frequent Visitor

Hi FreemanZ, thanks for the response.

Every year between July and August, my organization advertises certain positions. Unfortunately, they also sometimes advertise outside of this date range. I am only interested in positions advertised in this window (01 July to 31 August), and I am only interested in the most recent window. I want to show:

1. The number of positions advertised within the most recent July/August period.

2. The number of positions filled since the last window.

I have tried linking a dates table to the created date, and then adding a column which specifies which month in the year it is. It is then easy to select the months in each year. The issue I am having is selecting the most recent July/August months.

Thanks

FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

hi @jacques_412 

could you elaborate your case?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.