Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

abhiram342
Employee
Employee

Dynamically Add Levels to Hierarchy Slicer

Hi All - We have two tables i.e Pipelines and Activites, Pipeline table includes  PipelineId, ParentPipelineId and PipelineName etc and Activites includes activity info related to Pipeline. We want to create Levels Dynamically from Pipelines Table and Use the Levels to display in Hierarchical Slicer. I was able to get levels dynamically by using Power Query Function i.e Dynamically flatten Parent-Child Hierarchies in DAX and PowerBI – (thebiccountant.com) but unable to create slicer dynamically i.e currenlty one of the Pipeline has 4 levels and if we change the pipelineId to different one it might  have 7 levels.  

Can you please suggest how can we achive this functionality?

abhiram342_0-1708461380336.png

abhiram342_2-1708461950996.png

Thanks,

Abhiram

3 REPLIES 3
ChandanaMB13
Regular Visitor

Hi, even I'm having a similar requirement.. It's like an employee manager hierarchy currently the maximum level is 6 and if a new level gets added I want the hierarchy to include that level also and display 6 level in the slicer.Did u find any solution? 

v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abhiram342 

What you mean is that the level of your pipeline changes dynamically, so you want to create a slicer that changes as the level of the pipeline changes, right?

Best Regards,

Jayleny

Hi @v-jialongy-msft - Yes, you are correct, Because of data size we query data for list of Pipelines and Activities for given product ( Direct Query) and the hierarchy will change based on the product.Is there any workaround solution?

Ex: Product A- 4 Levels

Product B - 6 Levels, when there is increase or decrease in level how to handle it dynamcially in hierarichal Slicer? 

Thanks,

Abhiram

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.