Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

CrazyFrog
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Volume Difference within table

Hello there,

I'm currently facing the task to implement a dynamic visual showing the difference in volume between two chosen scenarios. That difference should be illustrated based on every half year index. For each unique pair of half year index and part number of one scenario, the formula should therefore subtract its volume value from the same combination of half year index and part number of the second scenario. In the long run there should be one or multiple different visuals showing that difference based on Part Number (P/N), Delivery Country and Delivery Customer (that should be a pure visual thing if I'm not mistaken). I tried to implement the two scenarios to be chosen as parameters directly on the visual but if that is possible through simple filters it would be even better.

Here's what I've got columnwise in the data table (called 'Line Allokation') that could be used for that purpose:

Scenario (different values from 1 to 4 but could be more or less based on the enduser)

Half Year Index (16 values mostly from 0 to 15 but different Scenarios might not overlap completely)

Volume

P/N (type = text & number)

Delivery Country (type = text & number)

Delivery Customer (type = text & number)

Hereby every Part has it's own row for a specifc Scenario and Half Year Index giving the information about Volume, Country,...

I couldn't come up with a working DAX formula on my own so I'm hoping someone here could help me or guide me into the right direction. Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CrazyFrog ,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your requirement. Base on your description, it seems that you want to see the difference between two chosen scenarios dynamically. Could you please provide some raw data in your table  'Line Allokation' (exclude sensitive data) with Text format, your visual settings and your expected result with special examples and screenshots? It would be helpful to find out the solution. You can refer the following link to share the required info:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

And It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors