Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

spandy34
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Calculating Records Between a Range of Percentages

Hello

I have created the following measure to calculate the number of distinct [ssref] where the [Delivered Duration Deminal] is 25% greater than the [Planned Duration Decimal]

25% More Proc Main = CALCULATE(
DISTINCTCOUNT('Procurement_Main_Data'[ssref]),
'Procurement_Main_Data', 'Procurement_Main_Data'[Delivered Duration Decimal] > 'Procurement_Main_Data'[Planned Duration Decimal] * 1.25 )

How can I alter the measure to calculate the number of distinct [ssref] where the [Delivered Duration Deminal] is between 0% and 25% greater than the [Planned Duration Decimal]

Thank you 

@danextian @v-heq-msft @Greg_Deckler 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Greg_Deckler 

I have looked at the data and already have a column called Variance % which is a Percentge format field and calculates the % difference between Planned Time and Delivered Time.

I have tried to have a go at creating a measure that calculates the number of rows where the % Variance is Between 0% and 25%.  The measure below has now worked so I can get the number of records with a variance between 0 and 25%

% Variance Btween 0 and 25 =
COUNTROWS (
FILTER (
'Procurement_Main_Data',
'Procurement_Main_Data'[Variance %] >= 0
&& 'Procurement_Main_Data'[Variance %] <= 1.25
)

spandy34_0-1714178748982.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@spandy34 Sorry, having trouble following, can you post sample data as text and expected output?
Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi @Greg_Deckler 

I have looked at the data and already have a column called Variance % which is a Percentge format field and calculates the % difference between Planned Time and Delivered Time.

I have tried to have a go at creating a measure that calculates the number of rows where the % Variance is Between 0% and 25%.  The measure below has now worked so I can get the number of records with a variance between 0 and 25%

% Variance Btween 0 and 25 =
COUNTROWS (
FILTER (
'Procurement_Main_Data',
'Procurement_Main_Data'[Variance %] >= 0
&& 'Procurement_Main_Data'[Variance %] <= 1.25
)

spandy34_0-1714178748982.png

spandy34_0-1714159142001.png

Currently I have a measure that counts the number of SSRef where the Delivered Duration Hours is 20% greater than Planned Duration Hours but I now what to count the SSRef where Delivered Duration Hours is between 0% and 20%  greater as opposed to just 20% than Planned Duration Hours

z_25% More Proc Main = CALCULATE(

COUNT('Procurement_Main_Data'[ssref]),

'Procurement_Main_Data', 'Procurement_Main_Data'[Delivered Duration Hours] > 'Procurement_Main_Data'[Planned Duration Hours] * 1.25 )+0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors