Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Setosa
Frequent Visitor

Addcolumn and vlookup

I just created a new calculated column (FY24_AOP_Rate) into the factable. I would like to simply multiple and sum the result. but the code below seems is not responding the calculation. what i am doing it wrong ? many thanks in advance.

FY24_AOP_Rate =
LOOKUPVALUE(
            _SlicerTable[FY24 AOP],
            _SlicerTable[Currency], 'facttable'[Currency])

_SumXAmount =
SUMX (
     FILTER('facttable', 'facttable'[COL] = "A"),
    'facttable'[Amount]*('facttable'[FY24_AOP_Rate]))
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhouwen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Setosa ,

I've assumed some data:
Facttable:

vzhouwenmsft_0-1709009655865.png

_SlicerTable:

vzhouwenmsft_1-1709009672991.png

1.Using the dax expression you provided I created the calculated column ‘FY24_AOP_Rate’

vzhouwenmsft_2-1709009708013.png

2.Using the dax expression you provided I created the measure ‘_SumxAmount’, The function successfully computed the data I assumed.

vzhouwenmsft_3-1709009733943.png

Make sure the correct columns are applied in the lookupvalue function, there should be a many-to-one relationship between the fact sheet and the dimension sheet. If there are multiple rows of data that satisfy the filter criteria, the lookupvalue function will only return the first row of data that matches, which can make the result of the calculation wrong.

Best Regards,
Wenbin Zhou
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhouwen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Setosa ,

I've assumed some data:
Facttable:

vzhouwenmsft_0-1709009655865.png

_SlicerTable:

vzhouwenmsft_1-1709009672991.png

1.Using the dax expression you provided I created the calculated column ‘FY24_AOP_Rate’

vzhouwenmsft_2-1709009708013.png

2.Using the dax expression you provided I created the measure ‘_SumxAmount’, The function successfully computed the data I assumed.

vzhouwenmsft_3-1709009733943.png

Make sure the correct columns are applied in the lookupvalue function, there should be a many-to-one relationship between the fact sheet and the dimension sheet. If there are multiple rows of data that satisfy the filter criteria, the lookupvalue function will only return the first row of data that matches, which can make the result of the calculation wrong.

Best Regards,
Wenbin Zhou
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

you cannot/should not create calculated columns from filters/slicers/measures. Instead, let the data model do its job.

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors