Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

KiFa
Helper I
Helper I

Slicer and card measure interaction problem

I have gone through the forum and have not been able to find a solution. I have a Date and Area slicer on one page. All of the date and area values are in the same table. The date slicer works fine, but the area value does not. It returns the proper value for the selection; however it does not exclude the other values. For example, if I select area 2, I will get the proper value for area 2. However, it also provides values for the other areas when it should provide none except for the all calculation which matches the selection as it should . How can I fix this? I have tested removing the date slicer and the same thing happens. I have tried changing the measure calculations and that has not worked either. 

No SelectionNo Selection

Area 4 selectionArea 4 selection

Area 4 measure calculationArea 4 measure calculation

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KiFa
Helper I
Helper I

For anyone that might need it later, I just created a separate table for area and used that for the slicer. Everything works well now. 

AreaTable = VALUES('Area Counts'[Area])

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KiFa
Helper I
Helper I

For anyone that might need it later, I just created a separate table for area and used that for the slicer. Everything works well now. 

AreaTable = VALUES('Area Counts'[Area])

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors