Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anurag
Regular Visitor

How to call the public update (options: VisualUpdateOptions) from constructor?

Hi, Team

Whenever I switched from page 1 to page 2 in power bi visuals, my custom visual will disappear when coming back to page 1, How can we retain it when switching?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anurag
Regular Visitor

This issue arises specifically when utilizing the developer visual, the initial step is to package the visual into a .pbiviz file. Afterward, import this .pbiviz file into Power BI, and then test it. You'll likely find that the problem has been resolved.

• Begin by packaging the developer visual into a .pbiviz file.
  • Import the .pbiviz file into Power BI.
  • Test the visual within Power BI.
  • It's likely that you'll find the problem has been resolved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anurag
Regular Visitor

This issue arises specifically when utilizing the developer visual, the initial step is to package the visual into a .pbiviz file. Afterward, import this .pbiviz file into Power BI, and then test it. You'll likely find that the problem has been resolved.

• Begin by packaging the developer visual into a .pbiviz file.
  • Import the .pbiviz file into Power BI.
  • Test the visual within Power BI.
  • It's likely that you'll find the problem has been resolved.

BramSchreuder
Regular Visitor

Bumping As I have the same problem. Anyone figured it out yet? I'm trying to figure out how to call the update when revisiting the page with the visual

If this happens when using the developer visual, many of us seem to be having this problem. If you package your visual into a .pbiviz, the problem won't occur (at least it doesn't for me).

For debugging using the developer visual, the current workaround seems to be to force-update your visual, such as doing a manual resize. This will work as intended until another page change is needed.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors