Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pujan789556
Frequent Visitor

Cannot load TinyMCE in Power BI Visual

I have created Power BI Visual using React. I have used TinyMCE as the WYSIWYG editor. When rendering the TinyMCE I get this error.

tinymce.min.js:4 Uncaught DOMException: Blocked a frame with origin "null" from accessing a cross-origin frame.

I could not find the solution to this.
I believe its because of attribute 

sandbox="allow-scripts"

Please recommend solution to this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @Pujan789556,

I haven't used TinyMCE, but it looks like it's either attempting to load an additional resource from a remote URL, or a web worker from the local package.

If the former, then you will need to ensure that the URL can be reached without CORS restrictions, as the developer visual is a sandboxed iframe with its origin removed for security reasons. If it's a web worker, then these cannot currently be loaded under the current visuals sandbox, due to the attribute you're mentioned. MS will not remove this restriction due to aforementioned security concerns.

I have spent many attempts to get workers loading (including direct contact with the team) under these conditions, but it is not currently supported (and to my knowledge there are no plans). A workaround is if you can host the workers on a remote URL, but if you are planning to certify your visual then this will not be viable unfortunately.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
emiljas
Frequent Visitor

It appears you can use TinyMCE using inline mode and optionally fixed_toolbar_container and 

toolbar_persist options.

https://github.com/tinymce/tinymce/discussions/9348 

dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @Pujan789556,

I haven't used TinyMCE, but it looks like it's either attempting to load an additional resource from a remote URL, or a web worker from the local package.

If the former, then you will need to ensure that the URL can be reached without CORS restrictions, as the developer visual is a sandboxed iframe with its origin removed for security reasons. If it's a web worker, then these cannot currently be loaded under the current visuals sandbox, due to the attribute you're mentioned. MS will not remove this restriction due to aforementioned security concerns.

I have spent many attempts to get workers loading (including direct contact with the team) under these conditions, but it is not currently supported (and to my knowledge there are no plans). A workaround is if you can host the workers on a remote URL, but if you are planning to certify your visual then this will not be viable unfortunately.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.