Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

adamcodes716
Regular Visitor

Trying to expand a json array into multiple columns

I am trying to set up an ingestion from an event hub to a KQL database.  The difficulty in doing this is that there is a payload field that is a few levels down.  I am trying to do this via the UI using an Event Processor to do this and I can go most of the way there.  I can get to the point where I have a column with the payload.

Here is a simple example of that column:  [{"name":"itemA", "section":"34", "key":"1234"}]

I could use "expand" here, but this breaks out the payload into 3 rows.  The problem with this is that the "key" only exists in one of the rows and I have no way to tie it back to the other entries.  Is there another option using Event Processor?  I am trying to avoid doing this in code.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hey! This doesn't appear to be a question related to Dataflow Gen2. I'll try to reroute this to the appropriate forum.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
adamcodes716
Regular Visitor

I have re-posted this question in the Warehouse forum.

adamcodes716
Regular Visitor

Oops, sorry about that.  Please let me know if I need to re-create.

miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hey! This doesn't appear to be a question related to Dataflow Gen2. I'll try to reroute this to the appropriate forum.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors