Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

YOUNG99
Frequent Visitor

Reflex Trigger action not working, but test alert works.

Hello (First Time Poster)
Can anyone let me know what I'm doing wrong?  I've setup a trigger and I can't get either email or message to Teams to work.  However I'm able to receive "Send me a test alert".  I can see the Trigger activations happenning but not receiving any messages/emails.

YOUNG99_0-1698963615355.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jameshutton
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hello YOUNG99

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Here are a couple of things to try:

1) When you click "send me a test alert", the alert always goes to you, regardless of who the recipient is on on our action card. Can you confirm that the "recipient" section of your action card is you? And specifically is the same user that you're logging into Fabric as?
2) In your screenshot, I can see that Reflex is saying that there's a property update available. (See the banner at the top, just under your trigger name.) This occurs when you have altered your trigger condition after having started the trigger. You will see that there is an "update" button on the banner. Can you please press it, and see if that resolves the problem?

If neither of the above help, then please DM me the URL to your trigger and I'll ask our engineers to take a look.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BrandieW

Good afternoon,

I am experiencing the same issue. Despite numerous attempts and tests, I am not receiving the alert, only the test. Furthermore, none of our internal reps received the notification. I set up a variety of actions: send a Teams message, send an Email, Custom Action send an email, and connected it as a Power Automate flow. Nothing worked. 

BrandieW_0-1710783125596.png

BrandieW_1-1710783139878.png

@BrandieW 

When you setup the recipients, did they show up through auto-complete?  In my case when I switched from email to Teams, I had to reselect them from the auto-complete/search list.

Hello @YOUNG99 

I had to set them up again. Each time I toggle from Teams to Email, the info resets which requires me to re-enter the emails and custom message. 

linusjohnsson
Frequent Visitor

I'm experiencing the same issue but can't resolve it. Could you assist me @jameshutton ?

Update: Works for me for emails but not teams.

@linusjohnsson 

When you switched from email to Teams, try adding yourself as the recipient (should start autofill as you type).  This was how I got it to work.  

Even though the back end account is the same, just using the email didn't work in my case

jameshutton
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hello YOUNG99

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Here are a couple of things to try:

1) When you click "send me a test alert", the alert always goes to you, regardless of who the recipient is on on our action card. Can you confirm that the "recipient" section of your action card is you? And specifically is the same user that you're logging into Fabric as?
2) In your screenshot, I can see that Reflex is saying that there's a property update available. (See the banner at the top, just under your trigger name.) This occurs when you have altered your trigger condition after having started the trigger. You will see that there is an "update" button on the banner. Can you please press it, and see if that resolves the problem?

If neither of the above help, then please DM me the URL to your trigger and I'll ask our engineers to take a look.

I followed your steps and it's working now.  Thanks!

Since the default action was email, when I switched to Teams message it already had my email in there.  I assumed it would work since it resolves into the same account through our Azure AD.  I had to remove the email entry and add myself back in so it now shows up using my display name instead of email address.

We're still on on-prem outlook I wonder if that's the issue with email address.  

Thanks again

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFabricCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors