Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

LeoG
Frequent Visitor

Is it necessary to refresh semantic model to keep receiving data for the events?, Alerts not sending

I expect to have new events throughout the day without gaps without data, I know that I do not stop receiving data throughout the day seeing my query that works in near real time, at some point during the day I stop having new events, maybe it is because the semantic model of my report needs to be constantly updated?, as far as i calculated, they are less than 1 events per second, if you know another reason for this let me know, 

LeoG_0-1708616680627.png

LeoG_1-1708616919170.png

Also there's another 2 curious things, i have a trigger to send me a mail when no new data is received, its not working tho... and about my other triggers, they send batches of mails at once instead every time the condition 'becomes greather than or equal' is met, for example, i have event A at 16h00m and event B at 16h45m, instead i recieve 2 mails nearly after the trigger is activatted i get the 2 mails at 17h00m, now imagine this with 30 mails (already happened), instead of being helpful it becomes spam, how can i solve this?

LeoG_2-1708617828078.png

Thanks for reading!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LeoG
Frequent Visitor

@jameshutton 
"Data Activator checks your model once per hour...", "This will happen even if your model never refreshes." This can be customized?

I've stopped receiving new data for 5H, so maybe "Data Activator is no longer able to connect to your model." is the issue, i haven't receieved any mail from Data Activator tho.

What worked for me is using power automator to refresh the report every 1 hour, it's been working like this for 4 hours and the problem I had is gone.

@v-tangjie-msft 

I change some conditions in my triggers after clearing cache because each trigger appears as 'Untitled', this works for now thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LeoG
Frequent Visitor

@jameshutton 
"Data Activator checks your model once per hour...", "This will happen even if your model never refreshes." This can be customized?

I've stopped receiving new data for 5H, so maybe "Data Activator is no longer able to connect to your model." is the issue, i haven't receieved any mail from Data Activator tho.

What worked for me is using power automator to refresh the report every 1 hour, it's been working like this for 4 hours and the problem I had is gone.

@v-tangjie-msft 

I change some conditions in my triggers after clearing cache because each trigger appears as 'Untitled', this works for now thanks

Hi @LeoG , at present you can't customize how often Data Activator checks. As a roadmap item, we intend to make Data Activator perform the check whenever the model refreshes for import-mode datasets, and to make it customizable for direct mode/directlake models. 

Hey  @jameshutton , I am looking forward to having data activator to check whenever the model refreshes. Right now it's a pain the neck, right now does it check when you create a trigger right? I have 5 different objects with a reflex and each of them checks at the different time. 

jameshutton
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hello @LeoG , no, you do not need to refresh your semantic model in order for new events to arrive. While your trigger is running, Data Activator checks your model once per hour and generates an event based on the data that's in your model at the time it performs the check. This will happen even if your model never refreshes. The behaviour you are seeing suggests one of two things:
1) You have stopped your trigger, OR

2) Data Activator is no longer able to connect to your model.

You can check for 1) by checking whether your trigger is shown as running in DA, as indicated by the fact that the "Stop" button is enabled for the trigger.
If 1) is not the cause, then Data Activator has encountered an error. Data Activator should mail you about the error per this page: https://aka.ms/dataActivatorErrors. Please check whether you have received an email from Data Activator with one of these errors. If not, then the only workaround I can suggest at this time is to re-create your trigger. If the problem keeps happening, please let us know,

v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LeoG ,

According to your description, here are my steps you can follow as a solution.

1.Use the "Send me a test alert" option to verify the trigger's functionality. If it's not working as expected, reviewing the conditions and actions set for the trigger might be necessary.

2.Consider external factors such as email server settings or spam filters that might delay or batch your emails. Adjusting these settings might help achieve more immediate email notifications.

3.Try to delete your reflex and recreate it.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFabricCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors