Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Youssefpbi1_
Advocate I
Advocate I

Data activator activates nothing please help

I have configured my data activator via fabric capacity trial workspace. I have configured data activator on my semantic model based report. I have received only once a notification via teams:
Youssefpbi1__0-1712305444630.png

All the other times I received nothing. when i look in the monitoring hub i see that the data activator is doing something but not what it needs to do what is sending me a teams message:

Youssefpbi1__1-1712305444622.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
WillT
Community Admin
Community Admin

It looks like the trigger is using a rule for "becomes greater than 3000". This will only fire the first time the value crosses 3000. If it then stays above 3000 you won't keep getting alerts. You can go into the reflex that was created and change it to "is greater than" to keep getting messages.

The monitoring hub won't show trigger activity itself. I can't tell from your screenshot (I think the forum downscaled it) but I suspect you're seeing the dataset refreshing, not the trigger.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WillT
Community Admin
Community Admin

It looks like the trigger is using a rule for "becomes greater than 3000". This will only fire the first time the value crosses 3000. If it then stays above 3000 you won't keep getting alerts. You can go into the reflex that was created and change it to "is greater than" to keep getting messages.

The monitoring hub won't show trigger activity itself. I can't tell from your screenshot (I think the forum downscaled it) but I suspect you're seeing the dataset refreshing, not the trigger.

Hope that helps!

This was indeed the case. I changed it to 'greater then' and now it works. Thank you very much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFabricCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors