Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Noeleke1301
Helper II
Helper II

Oracle Data to CSV / Parquet in lakehouse without creating a table

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a layout for my lakehouse, based on the medaillon architecture. It states that my bronze layer should be stored in files.

However, when I load my Oracle data (on-prem database) into a dataflow and sink it into my lakehouse, it creates a table (but no file) which I don't want.

What's the best way to get my Oracle data and push it to my lakehouse as a csv file, without letting it create a table?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ananthkrishna99
Frequent Visitor

Since you don't want to create it as a table, you can create a ADF Pipeline and load that data into ADLS Gen2 into required format and create a shortcut to that file in Lakehouse. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GeethaT-MSFT
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Noeleke1301 Move data to the FILES section in Lakehouse, not the TABLES section.  All data moved to TABLES section will be transformed to Delta Table automatically.

Regards

Geetha

@GeethaT-MSFT When I select my lakehouse as a sink, I can only sink it as a table.

Noeleke1301_0-1689140792305.png

Also in my lakehouse, I can't move a table to the FILES section. I can only view the files behind it (but the files are not actually listed in the FILES section.

Noeleke1301_1-1689140951736.png

ananthkrishna99
Frequent Visitor

Since you don't want to create it as a table, you can create a ADF Pipeline and load that data into ADLS Gen2 into required format and create a shortcut to that file in Lakehouse. 

Thanks for your reply.

So it's not possible to do this within Fabric?

I've read somewhere that Fabric Data Factory will have an on-prem connector in GA?

yes, that's true, please like the answer if you have found it helpful. Thank You!

Noeleke1301
Helper II
Helper II

Does no one have a solution for this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.