Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ellli

Lost Notebook Changes in Synapse Data Science (Microsoft Fabric)

Hello Fabric Community,

I recently encountered an unexpected issue with my notebook in Synapse Data Science (Microsoft Fabric). Despite having AutoSave enabled, I lost all the changes I made over the past few days. Strangely, only a few code snippets from five days ago remain. 🤔

Additionally, I couldn’t find a history tab for my notebook within Fabric.

Has anyone else faced a similar problem? If you’ve found a solution or have insights to share, please join the discussion.

4 REPLIES 4
pdornian

Chiming in here for lack of better ideas. I've also had some issues with losing notebook work in Fabric. Possibly for different reasons (I think mine were induced by having multiple connections to the same notebook accidentally in a hybrid work accident), but I find the work recovery abilities for notebooks in Fabric subpar. I submitted an 'idea' for Fabric to automatically and/or on demand checkpoint notebooks. This is already a default feature of Jupyter Notebooks and is integrated with notebooks in Azure Machine Learning, but is missing in Fabric notebooks.

Microsoft Idea

AML has a description of its checkpoint behaviour here: Run Jupyter notebooks in your workspace - Azure Machine Learning | Microsoft Learn . I don't see why this wouldn't be implemented for Fabric as well.

v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ellli 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Apologies for the issue that you are facing here.
At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this.
We will update you once we hear back from them.

Thanks.

Hi @ellli 

Apologies for the issue you have been facing. 

It's difficult to tell what could be the reason for this performance. Please reach out to our support team so they can do a more thorough investigation on why this it is happening. If its a bug, we will definitely would like to know and properly address it.

Please go ahead and raise a support ticket to reach our support team:

https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support

After creating a Support ticket please provide the ticket number as it would help us to track for more information.

Thank you.

Hi @ellli 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you've had a chance to submit a support ticket. If you have, a reference to the ticket number would be greatly appreciated. This will allow us to track the progress of your request and ensure you receive the most efficient support possible.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors