Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

vivien57
Helper III
Helper III

Link Dataverse to Microsoft Fabric: Power BI Premium license error

Hello everyone,

We're trying to test the “Dataverse to Fabric” link but we're getting an error that we don't understand.

vivien57_0-1713964610261.png

The error tells us that the user needs a Power BI Premium license -> This is the case, he has a Premium per User license. What's more, we've even activated Trial Fabric for this user.

vivien57_2-1713964882551.png

In addition, we have created a workspace with the capability of this user

vivien57_3-1713965069033.png

Do you have an idea?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Have a nice day

Vivien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @vivien57 

Yes you are right. After April 30, 2024 you dont need to have the accounts in same region. This feature is yet to be deployed. 

Glad that I could help you. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Have a good day and All the best.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
vivien57
Helper III
Helper III

I just noticed that the Dataverse seems to be on the Azure “West Europe” region whereas as seen in my previous post, the Fabric capacity and Fabric tenant are in the “North Europe” region.

Are North Europe and West Europe both in the Europe region considered the same Azure region (as Europe) or two different regions (West and North)?

Thanks in advance for your help

Vivien

Hi @vivien57 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
North Europe and West Europe are two different Azure regions within the same Europe geography. While they are both located in Europe, they are distinct data centers with separate infrastructure.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/explore/global-infrastructure/geographies/#overview
Azure Region and Datacenter, find your best match | cloudelicious

As per the prerequisites mentioned below, this might be the reason for the error.

vnikhilanmsft_0-1714029109120.png

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/data-platform/azure-synapse-link-view-in-fabric

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions. 
Have a great day.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

The little note in purple is not visible on the French page. If I understand correctly, after 30 April, we will no longer need the Dataverse and the Fabric capacity to be in the same Azure region and so we will no longer have the error, is that correct?

Thank you in advance for your return,

Have a nice day,

Vivien

Hi @vivien57 

Yes you are right. After April 30, 2024 you dont need to have the accounts in same region. This feature is yet to be deployed. 

Glad that I could help you. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Have a good day and All the best.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors