Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

rzqh
Frequent Visitor

Failed to connecting data .xlsx files from Onedrive to Dataflow

Previously I tried to connect a local .csv data file to Dataflow based on the documentation
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric/data-engineering/tutorial-build-lakehouse
However when I tried to connect using the .xlsx data file from
OneDrive errors occur such as:

Auth & privacy level follow the sharelink configurationAuth & privacy level follow the sharelink configurationAuth & privacy level by defaultAuth & privacy level by default

How to fix it?

7 REPLIES 7
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rzqh 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Apologies for the inconvenience that you are facing here.

I tried to repro the scenario by selecting .xlsx data file from OneDrive in dataflow and didn't see any difficulty in accessing the file from OneDrive. Attached screenshot for reference.

vcboorlamsft_0-1709530740843.png

Could you please try select "Create new connection" under Connection credentials, this might help you.

vcboorlamsft_1-1709530899196.png

If the issue still persists please do let us know.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks.

I've tried selecting "Create new Connection" under Connection credentials. Then there is an error statement that there is already the same connection but when look at the Managed Connection menu, there is no same connection

Screenshot 2024-03-04 140720.pngScreenshot 2024-03-04 140800.png

I've tried refreshing page several times

Hi @rzqh 

Try to remove the existing connection by following the steps : Settings -----> Manage connections and gateways ----> Connections. Under connections options you will find the existing connection. After removing the existing connection try to use the option "Create new Connection" under Connection credentials. This might help you in accessing the .xlsx file from OneDrive. For reference please find the screenshot.

vcboorlamsft_2-1709633621002.png

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks.

I have tried removing the existing connection by following the steps, but when I create a new connection there is the same error statement as when I created the first connection

rzqh_1-1709782926322.png

rzqh_2-1709782962134.png

Here's the .xlsx file sharelink configuration on my OneDrive

rzqh_3-1709782972939.png

Hi @rzqh 

Following up to see whether the issue got resolved or still you are facing the issue.

If the issue still persists. Please reach out to our support team so they can do a more thorough investigation on why this it is happening. Our support engineers will definitely would understand the route cause and properly address it.

Please go ahead and raise a support ticket to reach our support team:

https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support

After creating a Support ticket please provide the ticket number as it would help us to track for more information.

Thank you.

Hi @v-cboorla-msft

Thanks for following up!

I'd like to let you know if the issue is resolved or if I'm still facing it.

If it's not fixed yet, I'll definitely reach out to your support team for a more in-depth look. Their expertise will be valuable in identifying the root cause and getting things working properly again.
I'll go ahead and raise a support ticket using the link you provided.

Thanks again for your help!

Hi @rzqh 

Following up to see whether the issue got resolved or still you are facing the issue and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Incase if you got a chance to created the support ticket, could you please provide the ticket number here as it would help us to track for more information.

Thanks
YourNane

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.