Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Jotheesh
Frequent Visitor

Duplicate table names with different case sensitivity in data warehouse

Hi
Data Warehouse let's me create two tabls with same name but with different case but then gives me error while refeshing teh schema.

I have created tables 

[dbo].[Table_a] and 
[dbo].[TABLE_A] and agen I try to refesh tables in side pane , it gives me below error
Jotheesh_0-1700194589953.png

If we are not supposed to create two tables with same name, should't it be restrcited while attempting to create?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Jotheesh  @AndyDDC 
Apologies for the issue you have been facing. This is a known issue. The object explorer fails to display the Fabric Data Warehouse objects (ex. tables, views, etc.) when have same noncase sensitive names. The internal team is working to fix this. Appreciate your patience.
Please refer to this link for more information: Link1

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further issues.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jotheesh
Frequent Visitor

thanks for the update @v-nikhilan-msft 

AndyDDC
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Yes it's annoying at the moment that we can't choose a collation. I have an Idea here to upvote https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=8b35ca62-1117-ee11-a81c-000d3a01b048

v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jotheesh ,
Thanks for the ask and using Fabric Community.
At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this. We will update you once we hear back from them.
Appreciate your patience.
Thanks 

Hi @Jotheesh  @AndyDDC 
Apologies for the issue you have been facing. This is a known issue. The object explorer fails to display the Fabric Data Warehouse objects (ex. tables, views, etc.) when have same noncase sensitive names. The internal team is working to fix this. Appreciate your patience.
Please refer to this link for more information: Link1

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.