Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

manoplaeli
Helper II
Helper II

Dataflow gen 2 stuck in refresh

I have few collmns in dataflow gen2 that I want to ingest to data warehouse. After published, it takes forever fore refresh and it never be able to put data in the warehouse. I was succesfully import data once when I was using get data inside the data warehouse. It doesn't work when I create the dataflow gen2 in different workspace and ingest to data warehouse in a different workspace. I am admin for both workspace. Is this a bug or I did something wrong?

manoplaeli_0-1694416279788.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @manoplaeli,

Welcome to Microsoft Fabric platform and thanks for posting your question here.

I understand that you're facing a conflict error while doing deployment.

Follow the below steps in order to troubleshoot:

1. Can you please retry the Dataflow Gen2 in order to load the data from one workspace to another workspace. (Note: Kindly make sure that data warehouse is created in the destination workspace)
  2. If the above steps fail to resolve your issue, please let us know the process that you are following in order to create the Dataflow Gen2 and share the complete refresh history details.

Regarding your question about creating the dataflow gen2 in a different workspace and ingesting it into a different workspace, it is possible to do so. However, you need to make sure that the necessary permissions are granted for both workspaces.

vcboorlamsft_0-1694599816410.png

I hope this information helps you resolve the issue. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

View solution in original post

manoplaeli
Helper II
Helper II

@v-cboorla-msft Thank you for your time. I am able to solve the problem now. Below was the error that I recieve. There was miss match in data type. I was uploading the data from excel file. There were few rows that can't be converted so I just make sure that all the data is in the correct type, then the upload was success full. 

manoplaeli_0-1694770162098.png

Thank you for your time

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
manoplaeli
Helper II
Helper II

@v-cboorla-msft Thank you for your time. I am able to solve the problem now. Below was the error that I recieve. There was miss match in data type. I was uploading the data from excel file. There were few rows that can't be converted so I just make sure that all the data is in the correct type, then the upload was success full. 

manoplaeli_0-1694770162098.png

Thank you for your time

@manoplaeli Glad to know that your issue got resolved. Continue to use Fabric Community platform for any question related to Microsoft Fabric!

v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @manoplaeli,

Welcome to Microsoft Fabric platform and thanks for posting your question here.

I understand that you're facing a conflict error while doing deployment.

Follow the below steps in order to troubleshoot:

1. Can you please retry the Dataflow Gen2 in order to load the data from one workspace to another workspace. (Note: Kindly make sure that data warehouse is created in the destination workspace)
  2. If the above steps fail to resolve your issue, please let us know the process that you are following in order to create the Dataflow Gen2 and share the complete refresh history details.

Regarding your question about creating the dataflow gen2 in a different workspace and ingesting it into a different workspace, it is possible to do so. However, you need to make sure that the necessary permissions are granted for both workspaces.

vcboorlamsft_0-1694599816410.png

I hope this information helps you resolve the issue. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Hi @manoplaeli 

Following up to see if the above answer was helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.