Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mtitsworthsfmfb
Frequent Visitor

Cannot see some Fabric tables from Power BI Desktop

I have loaded several tables into a Fabric Lakehouse. When I try to connect from Power BI Desktop to the lakehouse, I can only see one of the tables and the lakehouse logs, not all three of the tables that exist there. Is this a permissions issue? Or a versioning issue? 

4 REPLIES 4
Arielcchy
Advocate II
Advocate II

"I'm experiencing the same issue: I can't see all the tables in the Lakehouse, but I can see all the tables through the SQL endpoint when using Power BI Desktop.

Is there any update?

v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mtitsworthsfmfb 

Thanks for uisng Microsoft Fabric Community.

As I understand that when you have connected Power BI Desktop to the Lakehouse, you are able to see only one table instead of three tables?

Apologies for the inconvenience that you are facing.

I have tried using “connect to SQL endpoint” option while connecting Power BI Desktop to the Lakehouse and able to see all the tables.

Could you please try using “connect to SQL endpoint” option, for accessing all the tables, attached the screenshot for reference.

Fabric Lakehouse tables:

vcboorlamsft_0-1699346339126.png

Connecting Power BI Desktop to Lakehouse using SQL endpoint:

vcboorlamsft_1-1699346380511.png

vcboorlamsft_3-1699346435216.png

I would suggest that you please refer to this documentation Link for alternative approaches.

Meanwhile I will reach to the internal team to to get more information related to your query and will get back to you as soon as we have an update.

Appreciate your patience.

Hi @mtitsworthsfmfb 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others .
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Thanks.

Hi @mtitsworthsfmfb 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others .

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

March 2024  FBC Gallery Image

Fabric Monthly Update - March 2024

Check out the March 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors