Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

asdf1234

vnet data gateway connection not showing up in Data Factory

Hi  - 
We have a ADLS Gen2 storage account, and would like to connect to it from Data Factory.  The storage account has a Vnet restrction, so we created a Virtual Network Data Gateway to connect to it.  The connection appears as Online under "Connections" in "Settings\Manage Connections and Gateways", but the connection dow not show up as a connection in the Pipeline Copy activity (or anywhere else that I've checked including Data Flows).  When I remove the Vnet restriction from the storage account and create a "Cloud" connection (instead of Vnet), the connection does appear.  What am I missing to get the storage account connection to appear with Vnet restriction enabled?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
nikkiwaghani
Employee
Employee

VNET data gateway does not support Pipelines.

Ok thanks. Does it support data flows, or  is there some other way I can connect my storage account while keeping the vnet restriction in place? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.