Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Noeleke1301
Helper II
Helper II

Disabling "enable load" = error

Hi all,

I've read the newest blog post about dataflows (this one), which states that staging should be disabled for any queries that don't need it by disabling the "enable load" checkmark.

I created a dataflow with dimensional tables. Very few transformations, so staging is not needed.

But after unchecking enable load for all tables, I get the following error:

"A dataflow must include at least one query enabled for loading."

So even if staging is not needed, Fabric is forcing me to enable it for at least one table? What's going on here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Noeleke1301

Forgive me: The blog was publised quicker than the time it takes an update to the behavior you mentioned, to allow publishing Dataflows Gen2 with no load enabled queries, to reach production.

The ETA for the change to be available in most production regions by end of next week, and all production regions by end of July.

In the meantime, the simplest workaround would be to create one query that is load enabled (for example, a table with 1 value). I will ask to update the blog to reflect when the feature will be avilable. as stated here.

Thank you,

Ben

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Noeleke1301

Forgive me: The blog was publised quicker than the time it takes an update to the behavior you mentioned, to allow publishing Dataflows Gen2 with no load enabled queries, to reach production.

The ETA for the change to be available in most production regions by end of next week, and all production regions by end of July.

In the meantime, the simplest workaround would be to create one query that is load enabled (for example, a table with 1 value). I will ask to update the blog to reflect when the feature will be avilable. as stated here.

Thank you,

Ben

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.