Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cw88
Helper III
Helper III

Notifications on pipeline error

What options do I have to receive notifications about pipeline errors?

Is there a way to set up a notification on monitoring hub level, that sends an e-mail, for example, when (selected) pipelines break?

I can currently only find the way to attach an additional mail activity to each individual activity of a pipeline, but that isn't practicable... 😐

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NandanHegde
Super User
Super User

Hey, unfortunately as stated by @v-gchenna-msft there is no functionality to set up email notification at hub level.

But plz follow the below blog :

https://datasharkx.wordpress.com/2024/02/17/error-logging-and-the-art-of-avoiding-redundant-activiti...

to have a single email notifcation activity to get error details of all activities clubbed together rather than 1 per activity

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
NandanHegde
Super User
Super User

Hey, unfortunately as stated by @v-gchenna-msft there is no functionality to set up email notification at hub level.

But plz follow the below blog :

https://datasharkx.wordpress.com/2024/02/17/error-logging-and-the-art-of-avoiding-redundant-activiti...

to have a single email notifcation activity to get error details of all activities clubbed together rather than 1 per activity

Thanks for the link, i will try it.

But a very complicated way, i hope that there are more comfortable ways in the future... 

v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cw88 ,

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Set up a notification on monitoring hub level is not yet supported within Microsoft Fabric, as you said we need to use email activity at pipeline level to send alerts on failure.

Appreciate if you could share the feedback on our feedback channel. Which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Hello @cw88 ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query was answered,
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Hello @cw88 ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query was answered,
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .
In case if you have any other question on a different issue, we request you to open a new thread .

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors