Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

hsal
Frequent Visitor

slicer drillthrough problem

I have couple of slicers which are used for drillthrough to another pages. Every time when I open my report I'll have to activate drillthrough for every slicer again. This functionality won't be active for default. Is there any way to leave it "on"? This is problem for my work cause user have to activate drillthrough by him self.

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hsal,

You can turn on the filter effect and save change, then drillthrough filter effect will be saved.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

That's not working. I have tried to activate slicer drillthrough functionality on my desktop version and saved my report. Then tried to publish that on service. When I open my report on service this drillthrough is not active. I have also tried to activate this on the service side by selecting slicer and then explore -> drillthrough. Saved report and it's working as long as I stay on the report. If I leave or change to another report it won't work anymore when I reopen that? So every time I want to use drillthrough on slicer I'll have activate this functionality by myself. It's not the option for other users.

HI @hsal,

What version you test on? Please share more detailed information.

BTW, you can also try to use bookmark to save these filter effect.

Use bookmarks to share insights and build stories in Power BI (Preview)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Desktop version is January 2018. That bookmark functionality seems to be better way to do it. I hope that this drill through will be fixed too. 

Have you seen the February release? It has syncing slicer values across multiple pages of your report.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-february-2018-feature-summary/

this was the original ideas request

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/9861216-allows-slicers-to-apply-t...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors