Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

FilipK
Resolver I
Resolver I

"Almost done" screen - how to narrow down the root cause

I've been facing an "almost done" screen before the report is shown. It lasts between 50 seconds to 2 minutes. The issue started 4 weeks ago. Since that I'm in contact with MS, but actually without any succes.

FilipK_0-1632287046142.png

Further details

• I'm using A1 PBI Embedded Service capacity and an App Service that provides access to the report.
  • The dataset size is about 700Mb and it's the only one in the workspace. 
  • The almost done screen comes arbitrary (can even be on times when only one person is accessing the report).
  • The screen appears also in times when there is no dataset refresh
  • When looking to the embedded service metrics I don't see that I'm reaching any limits when the loading time is high. It never reaches the 3gb limit. (see picture below)
  • In the browser trace you can see that there is huge gap in the waterfall diagramm. I'm not an expert in reading that trace. Perhaps that leads to the root cause.

FilipK_1-1632287434356.png

FilipK_0-1632287843040.png

What is you recommendation? What I can do to solve the topic? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FilipK 

From the screenshot you shared, you can see that there is a peak at around 7 AM. Have you noticed what the requested event is during this time period ?

Maybe you can monitor Power BI Embedded capacity consumption in the following ways :

You can also refer to the link below to troubleshoot the issue .

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embedded-faq

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dear Alisa,

sorry for the late reply. I was in contact with Microsoft support.

To your question: There are only very few people on the report in parallel. Even when it's just me, I received the almost done screen.

The PBI Monitoring we've tried, but it didn't give us any new insights.

When tracing in a browser it revealed that the following line with conceptualschema and 41 seconds is causing the delay. Unfortunately the MS support couldn't tell me anything about it. They only told me that's probably something in my report which causes the delay. 

FilipK_0-1633516748092.png

Do you agree with MS that the report setup can cause the long running conceptualschema querry?

Do you know how I derive from browser trace which part of my report could cause the long running querry?

BR

Filip

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors