Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Stephen_Cumbria

ownership

Hi as the O365 Global Admin, I need a method to manage the ownership of PowerBI objects (dashboards, reports, views) etc. that have been uploaded.  1) I need to be able to list what is there (all objects), 2) where the original owner/uploaded as left the business I need a mechanism to take ownership and re-assign it.

Please advise where I can find either a UI or a powershell interface to do this.

many thanks

Stephen

3 REPLIES 3
Stephen_Cumbria

Hi

I am the O365 Global Admin for our company.

I am needing a way to list all powerbi objects (dashbaords, Veiws, Reports, workspaces etc.)

and also, where the original owner has left the business, I need a way to re-assign their objects to a new owner.

I can't find anything on the UI or in Powwershell to do this.

Please advise where I can find this admin functionality

thanks

Stephen

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Currently there is not an overall list to know all the objects and the original owner

But there is a way using PowerShell in order to take ownership of of some of the data aspects.

https://github.com/Azure-Samples/powerbi-powershell

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

It would be good it M/S would fully integrate PowerBI with Office365, or at least provide the ability for the PowerBI Admin to manage what data has been placed in PowerBI and who has access to it.  To ensure Availability as well as the Confidentiality. (did I mention adequate backup recovery tools?).

With GDPR and Data Leak protection so high a priority at present this seems to be a large gap / blocker in using PowerBI to it's full potential.

I am going to give the Powrshell suggestions a go over the next few days and see whether it sovles by problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors