Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

BI-ngo

invalid credentials when connecting to a MYSQL server

Hello community,

I have a gateway cluster with 2 gatways, 1 local on my PC and one on a server.

When i try to schedule or manually refresh through my local gateway everthing works fine.

When i try same with the one running on the server it gives me an error 2147467259 - The credentials provided for the MySql source are invalid - AccesUnauthorized. 

This error seems really weird to me because the same credentials are shared by both gateways and it works fine on my local one.

Does someone know what causes this error and how i can fix this? 

F.Y.I. im connecting to a MYSQL database that is running on a server.
My laptop (the mentioned local gateway) is connected through a VPN to the same network as the database.

The 2nd gateway is installed on a server that is on the same network as the database server.

3 REPLIES 3
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Check which account is getting impersinated from the gateway server that givving you error.

Also check https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Data-Gateway-Invalid-connection-credentials/m-p/2690444 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

Hi @arvindsingh802 ,

in both cases i use the same admin account for the gateways.

I did check:  https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Data-Gateway-Invalid-connection-credentials/m-p/2690444

The problem is that he isn't actually offering a solution he just says that he solved the problem and than speculates as to what might solve it. 

So i have no idea what he did to solve the issue.

Maybe you can explain what he means?

Please connect with MYSQL admin and check with them which account is hitting the server

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors