Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why Page landing is so slow? how to make it fast?

Hello

I created a dashboard. when i clicked the link to open it. it always takes ages to download the content.

the page is basically what you see below. Totally blank. I always have to wait a very long time. I'm working on a company project and really appreciated if anyone can help.

I currently use company account and PC. it works ok in other scenario, but doesn't this time.

Chin0402_0-1637893127744.png

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for replying, Stuart~ My data isn't from a database, instead, they are all from excel which I saved on my PC local disk. does it affect the speed as well? If so, how can i speed it up?

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous 

I'm guessing this is probably because you're using "DirectQuery" to access a SQL type Database.

Burningsuit_0-1637924627301.png

In this case Power BI will query the Database every time you open a Report or interact with a visualisation. Your SQL database is taking time to respond, so that is why you have to wait while it responds.

You can change the connection to "Import" and Power BI will load the data from the Database, cache it and make it available to the Report much faster.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors