Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alisea_MI
Resolver II
Resolver II

What Takes Up Storage?

Hi, Community!

Our organization has just started to use Lakehouses in Fabric: both centrally by Group It and on the business side.

In the MS Fabric Capacity Metrics report, I notice, that there's 1 business user workspace, that takes up over 60% of our capacity storage - 3 times as much as our own IT lakehouse storage. Please, see the picture.

The Fabric Capacity Metrix report does not specify, which items in the workspace take most capacity - or does it?
So, my question is: what does potentially take so much capacity: Lakehouses, notebooks, somethings else? How can I dig deeper to find out?

Many thanx in advance!

Lakehouses.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Alisea_MI 

You could use this from Michael at the Power BI Team to get a list of the Table and their sizes fabric_cat_tools/Model Optimization.ipynb at main · m-kovalsky/fabric_cat_tools · GitHub

And then use this in a notebook.

# Install Fabric CAT Tools
%pip install "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/m-kovalsky/fabric_cat_tools/main/fabric_cat_tools-0.3.0-py3-none-any.whl"

import fabric_cat_tools as fct
df = fct.get_lakehouse_tables(
        extended = True
        )

display(df)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Alisea_MI
Resolver II
Resolver II

Many thanx, @GilbertQ ! I will definitely give it a try - unfortunately did not manage to find time this week.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Alisea_MI 

You could use this from Michael at the Power BI Team to get a list of the Table and their sizes fabric_cat_tools/Model Optimization.ipynb at main · m-kovalsky/fabric_cat_tools · GitHub

And then use this in a notebook.

# Install Fabric CAT Tools
%pip install "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/m-kovalsky/fabric_cat_tools/main/fabric_cat_tools-0.3.0-py3-none-any.whl"

import fabric_cat_tools as fct
df = fct.get_lakehouse_tables(
        extended = True
        )

display(df)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors