Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rbech
Regular Visitor

Visuals do not refresh either in the app or in the report

Hello everyone,

I have a premium account. I created a dataflow connected to a sharepoint.

I made the report on Power BI desktop and I'm connected to the dataflow. I set an automatic update for the data flow (on the online workspace). When I refersh the data in power query , everything is ok.

Then a publish the report on the workspace and create an app. When I open the the report or the app via my online workspace, the datas are not actualised, even if I press the "refresh/actualise" button in the app. I don't understand why because the last update on the dataflow is more recent than the display in the report.. How can I update the online app or the online report ?

Thank you in advance for your help !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you open and show me these 2 please?

aj1973_1-1707322938216.png

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rbech 

Scheduled refresh must be configured by the owner of the semantic model.

Your ability to make changes to the semantic model is dependent on ownership of the semantic model. If you're not the owner, a warning is displayed stating that you're viewing the section of the semantic model information in read-only mode because you're not the semantic model owner. To make changes, you must either contact the semantic model owner to make changes, or take over ownership of the semantic model.

Link of how to take over the semantic model:

Take Control of a Semantic Model (businesscentralinsights.com

Link of Scheduled refresh:

Configure scheduled refresh - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Zhengdong Xu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-zhengdxu-msft ,

Thanks for your reply.
The semantic model is configured under my account and the "Data source credential" section is inaccessible (grayed out).

rbech_0-1707308344564.png

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @rbech 

You can't build a report on top of a Dataflow. Certainly the report is built on top of a sematic model that is connected to the Dataflow. Therefore right after the refresh of the dataflow has finished the semantic model attached to the dataflow needs to be refreshed in its turn. This way data in the report will be updated.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Hi @aj1973 ,
Thank you for your reply ! 
I tried to create an automatic refresh of the semantic model but in the parameter I don't see how to do that (Gateway connection options are grayed out).
Actually the dataflow is connected to a sharepoint of an other organisation with a dedicated MS login and password. I don't see any option to log in in the semantic model ... ?

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

You need to Take over the ownership of the semantic model

aj1973_0-1707259395849.png

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Hello @aj1973 ,

I don't see this button but I think it's already the case as I see 

rbech_0-1707293786117.png

This is the error message :

Erreur de source de données:L'actualisation planifiée est désactivée car au moins une source de données n'a pas d'informations d'identification. Pour redémarrer l'actualisation, accédez à la page des paramètres de ce jeu de données et entrez les informations d'identification pour toutes les sources de données. Ensuite, réactivez l'actualisation planifiée.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the connection id to the remote sharepoint is another MS account? But as I said, the actualisation works for the dataflow.

Thank you again for helping me.

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ok I see, 

The button is not there because you are the owner. 

Now it's a bit confusing here, Your Semantic Model is connected to the Dataflow only or to Both : Dataflow and external Sharepoint?

Can I see the lineage please?

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Hi @aj1973 ,

Here is. "Table de correspondance" & "coefficient" are 2 "static" excels sheet (on my onedrive) . Sharepoint (dataflow) is connected to the external sharepoint (where datas needs to be frequently refreshed). Would the problem come from these two excel files stored on my own drive?

rbech_1-1707322121890.png

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you open and show me these 2 please?

aj1973_1-1707322938216.png

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ok the authentication issue you have is coming from these 2 sources 

aj1973_0-1707322690961.png

I see you have a Gateway in place. is it a personal Gateway or Standard? Do you have the permission to use it?

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors