Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Mario1000
Advocate I
Advocate I

Visual header options not showing depending on the chart and screen size

Hi all,

This definitely looks like a bug because it never happened to me before with the same reports and just today I started expiriencing it.

The issue is that in some charts I can't see all the header options (including the "More options" 3 dots) in my laptop screen.

However I move the report to the aux bigger screen and I then can see all the options. See screenshots below:

Mario1000_0-1593541966052.png

Mario1000_1-1593542033232.png

I know I can solve this by making the chart wider (which is not an option in my case) or by viewing in "Full Screen"

But the thing is that I have never before experienced this, so why is PowerBi Service doing this now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Mario1000 

It is a normal phenomenon instead of a bug. The display of the visual header is related to the width of the visual. When the width is set as certain value, it will ignore secondary titles automatically. You may choose which option to display before you publish the report as the following screen shot.

e1.png

The visibility of toggles do not affect your report when you are authoring or editing the report. You must publish the report and view it in reading mode to see the effect. This behavior ensures that the many options provided in visual headers are important during editing, especially warning icons that alert you to issues while editing.

For further information, I'd like to suggest you refer to the document .

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Mario1000 

It is a normal phenomenon instead of a bug. The display of the visual header is related to the width of the visual. When the width is set as certain value, it will ignore secondary titles automatically. You may choose which option to display before you publish the report as the following screen shot.

e1.png

The visibility of toggles do not affect your report when you are authoring or editing the report. You must publish the report and view it in reading mode to see the effect. This behavior ensures that the many options provided in visual headers are important during editing, especially warning icons that alert you to issues while editing.

For further information, I'd like to suggest you refer to the document .

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors