Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visual has exceeded the available resources

Hi team,

One of our report got 'visual has exceeded the available resources' issue after I added RLS, could you pls. kindly help to advise? thanks in advance.

We have Power BI Premium capacity for our organization, the capacity SKUs is P1/A4, we have max 6GB memory per query.

We added RLS rule in several datasets recently, users could see the data base on their role in table User List, WW org market users could see all of the data, users who have partial org markets access could see correspondingly org market data. This RLS works well in other datasets except one History dataset, History dataset includes many years' data, the dataset is 820MB, the total size of all datasets in our workspace is 2.5GB, we were assigned 10GB for our premium capacity workspace.

When I run this history report as a member/contributor/admin of our workspace, there is NO memory limit issue.
If I was removed from workspace and run the report as an user (with partial org markets role), there is NO memory limit issue.
But if I was removed from workspace and run the report as an user (with WW org markets role), then I got this memory limit issue.

RLS we added in dataset from desktop Modeling->Manage roles

We added a group which include all of our users (around 30 users) in dataset security part in service.

Var vUser = USERPRINCIPALNAME()
Var vMarkets = CALCULATETABLE(
VALUES('User List'[Org Market]),
FILTER(ALL('User List'),'User List'[Email] = vUser)
)
Var vCheck_WW = IF("WW" in vMarkets,TRUE(), [Email] = vUser)

Return
vCheck_WW

TracyQian11111_0-1677725321244.png

2 REPLIES 2
djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

The "Visual has exceeded the available resources" error message is not the same as the max size of the dataset. Here is additional information:

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2020/01/20/visual-has-exceeded-the-available-resources-error-power-bi/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @djurecicK2,

Thanks for your reply and detail information.

Do you have any idea about why I can run the report well as a member/contributor/admin of workspace, but got error as a WW org market user? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors