Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

andreead89
Frequent Visitor

Usage metrics on Embedded

Hi,

We're looking to switch from PowerBI Pro and Microsoft accounts for end users to Embedded. Can you see usage metrics for the individual end users on Embedded?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @andreead89 

The improved usage metrics report in new workspaces will monitor usage from Power BI Embedded. Is this what you want?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-modern-usage-metrics

021501.jpg

021502.jpg

Reference:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-improved-report-usage-metrics-in-modern-workspac...

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang

Hi @v-jingzhang thanks for the reply but this doesn't really answer my question.

I know we can see total usage and total unique usage overall for the report. But will we be able to see individual usage metrics for all users we've authenticated, broken down by the email address they've used for gaining access to the report?

So let's say I have authenticated 3 emails to see my report called A, B and C - will I be able to see usage for A individually, B individually, C individually and say A has spent more time on the report than C? If so, what kind of metrics are available?

Thank you!

@v-jingzhang  Also interested in this and can't find an answer any where. How can we identify usage by customers in this scenario? Total usage alone is pretty useless considering we have internal and external users using the embedded report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors