Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Uploading a Report to Sharepoint

I created a Sharepoint site to show clients a few different metrics. Most of the people who look at the site are outside of my organization. I'm able to successfully get them to the site, but one of the main things I have shown is a PowerBI report, and unless they have a Pro account, they can't see it. I'm using the PowerBI app through Sharepoint that asks for an embed code. I just started a Premium Per User free trial because I read if you have Premium, then free users will be able to see the reports. I believe I made the workspace correctly, as a premium workspace. I even added a free user as a member to the workspace.

I have been unsuccessful in getting free users to view the report and am unsure of where to go from here.

Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

For Embedding Power BI Reports in Sharepoint you need to have either of the following

1. Each user viewing the reports needs to have a Power BI Pro license. This applies for external users too.

2. If you are using Power BI Premuium (NOT Power BI Premium Per user), you can then use free users.

3. If you are using Power BI Premium Per User, each user viewing the reports will also need a Power BI Premium Per User license.

For users to view the reports in Sharepoint those are the licensing requirements.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

The full PowerBI Premium is the "Per Capacity" option, correct?

Thank you for your help!

Hi @Anonymous 

Yes you are correct it is the Per Capacity option!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

For Embedding Power BI Reports in Sharepoint you need to have either of the following

1. Each user viewing the reports needs to have a Power BI Pro license. This applies for external users too.

2. If you are using Power BI Premuium (NOT Power BI Premium Per user), you can then use free users.

3. If you are using Power BI Premium Per User, each user viewing the reports will also need a Power BI Premium Per User license.

For users to view the reports in Sharepoint those are the licensing requirements.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors