Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ATO23
Frequent Visitor

Unable to load some visualisations

Good morning!  

I'm trying to upload my reports in power BI Service (I've tried both in a PRO workspace and in a Premium one), and I'm experimenting the same error:

• More detailsResource governor: This query uses more memory than the configured limit. The query, or the calculations it references, may require too much memory to run. Simplify the query or its calculations, or if you use Power BI Premium, you can contact your capacity administrator to see if you can increase the memory limit per query. More details: memory consumed 1331 MB, memory limit 1331 MB. For more information, see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2159752.

I have a new product master table that is full of string fields , and the reports containing this table are less than 1GB (most of them are around 0,4GB. This table is a key one to have all my data related and contains about 3milion rows

Anyone with the same problem?

Kind regards

ALba

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ATO23 

Your product has a large number of string fields, and the number of rows of data reaches three million, and the query or computation that runs consumes more memory than the configured limit.

You can check if your query can be simplified. Avoid complex calculations or extensive data transformation steps. Simplifying queries can reduce memory usage.

Examine your data model to see if there is unnecessary complexity or non-standard data structures, and try to optimize your data model.

Consider using paginated reports, which can handle large amounts of data and are handled differently than interactive reports.

For optimization, you can refer to the following link:

Optimization guide for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Optimize a model for performance in Power BI - Training | Microsoft Learn

Or contact your capacity administrator to ask if you can increase the memory limit for your query, and you can check out the following links for capacity limits:

What is Power BI Premium? - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

How to configure workloads in Power BI Premium - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ATO23 

Your product has a large number of string fields, and the number of rows of data reaches three million, and the query or computation that runs consumes more memory than the configured limit.

You can check if your query can be simplified. Avoid complex calculations or extensive data transformation steps. Simplifying queries can reduce memory usage.

Examine your data model to see if there is unnecessary complexity or non-standard data structures, and try to optimize your data model.

Consider using paginated reports, which can handle large amounts of data and are handled differently than interactive reports.

For optimization, you can refer to the following link:

Optimization guide for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Optimize a model for performance in Power BI - Training | Microsoft Learn

Or contact your capacity administrator to ask if you can increase the memory limit for your query, and you can check out the following links for capacity limits:

What is Power BI Premium? - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

How to configure workloads in Power BI Premium - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors