Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

pborah
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Unable to download one specific pbix from one specific test workspace

Hi all,

So I'm unable to download one specific pbix file from a certain test workspace only. Other reports even in this workspace and other test workspaces are downloading just fine. For context, our pipelines do not consist of a dev workspace, we publish to test and then push it out to production environment and finally an app. We do not download or export pbix from production since those downloads are useless as they do not come with underlying data. DOwnloads from test workspaces work fine for us except this one specific report. I've tried republishing an archived copy of the report to the same workspace and the problem persists. Microsoft support has been unable to resolve the issue so far. The only thing I got from them was a list of limitations on exporting pbix from the service and none of those limitations apply to us since we are well within those limitations. Has anyone had any similar experience? Anything else I can check other than what microsoft has given me so far? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pborah ,

To export a report to a PBIX file, first you need to have edit access to the report, make sure you have this access; secondly, I understand that most of the causes related to this error are caused by the corresponding restrictions, so again check that you are not involved in all of them.

vmengzhumsft_0-1659334930172.png

vmengzhumsft_1-1659334930177.png

You also can refer the following links , hope these can help you well:

Download a report from the Power BI service to Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Cannot Export to Powerbi Desktop format - Microsoft Power BI Community

Can’t Export to Power Bi Desktop Format? We Have the Solution (itechbrand.com)

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pborah ,

To export a report to a PBIX file, first you need to have edit access to the report, make sure you have this access; secondly, I understand that most of the causes related to this error are caused by the corresponding restrictions, so again check that you are not involved in all of them.

vmengzhumsft_0-1659334930172.png

vmengzhumsft_1-1659334930177.png

You also can refer the following links , hope these can help you well:

Download a report from the Power BI service to Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Cannot Export to Powerbi Desktop format - Microsoft Power BI Community

Can’t Export to Power Bi Desktop Format? We Have the Solution (itechbrand.com)

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @pborah 

Do you see any error message when you try download. If Power BI service is not able to download then it will show some message in the top right side. Check that and it will give some idea.

Thanks

Hari

pborah
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Hariharan_R this is all the error message i get - 

pborah_0-1659014167644.png

Activity ID: c8039756-f775-4f24-9fd1-3240e484ab3b
Request ID: 20620f29-4b1b-11a4-11bf-04c08c82507a
Correlation ID: 59ec6547-451a-343c-b00d-c98a934bc2c0
Status code: 0
Time: Thu Jul 28 2022 09:15:44 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Service version: 13.0.18756.45
Client version: 2207.4.12439-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-canada-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors